During the past six weeks I have learn to appreciate the little things in life.
I am thankful for weeds in my garden because that means I own a piece of earth.
I am thankful for grey hairs and wrinkles because that means I love enough to worry.
I am thankful for stretch marks because that means I have had the blessing of bringing life into this world.
I am thankful for nosy neighbors because that means my family is loved and looked after.
I am thankful for a mother-in-law that can empty out my dishwasher and put everything away correctly. Because that means she is comfortable in my home.
I am thankful for a best friend that can finish my sentence. Even though our kids laugh at us every time it happens.
I am thankful for the tan line around my left ring finger, because that means I belong to someone.
I am thankful for noisy diesel trucks, because that means that Ben is almost home.
I am thankful for 9:00 am church because I know I am a daughter of God.
I am thankful for medical bills because that means we are all healthy.
I am thankful for a Nana that takes my kids to the movies on a school night.
I am thankful squeaky brakes on my car, because that means I have a car to drive.
I am thankful for the occasional uninvited house guest, because that means my house is warm and full of food.
I am thankful for Friday Family Movie Nights. Because my kids still think I am cool.
I am thankful for finger marks on my windows, walls and appliances.
I am thankful for muddy tire marks in my driveway, because that means Ben has work.
I am thankful for 6 loads of laundry a week because that means we have clothes to wear.
I am thankful for a slobbery open mouth kiss from a chubby 16 month old.
I am thankful for Mallory.
I am thankful for Andrew.
I am thankful for all the many blessings that God has given me. I hope this Thanksgiving you give thanks for the little things in life.
2 comments:
This is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this!
So sweet meg!
Post a Comment