Monday, May 4, 2009

Update!

Well I haven’t blogged in awhile and the kids are outside playing with friends and dinner still has about 45 min of cooking so here is what we have been up to. After recovering from spring cleaning the baby and I got a horrible cold. Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed my mom came to the rescue. She took Mallie and Drew down to St George for some Nana time. They had a blast and Nana had fun spoiling them. I was able to sleep and in about three days “P” and I were back in the game.

Spring has finally decided to stay around. My front yard is in bloom and my veggie starts are growing in the basement. Ben surprised me last week with two beautiful new trees. The grass is green and the days are warm. What more could you ask for?

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Spring Time
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


Last week the Walmart opened in my town. It is only a 10 min drive away, instead of a 30 minute. I walked the newly stock aisle in awe. It is truly a Mecca for me!

One more thing, I have been meaning to blog on…about two weeks ago I was running errands in town and I needed my 3:00 fix of Dr. Pepper. So I decided to hit Sonic for their Happy Hour. I order me and the kids a drink (the total being under $2), and then I go to pick them up at the window. When I go to pay the boy at the register told me that the truck in front of me paid for my drinks, because he said that he cut me off. I was in shock. I didn’t think the truck had cut me off but either way WHO DOES THAT? It got me thinking…have you ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness?

3 comments:

Nikole said...

I actually did a post about this same thing about a year ago. I paid for someone behind me in the McDonald's line. It was so fun. I'm glad you were the recipient of someone's kindness!

Ashley said...

Your house is so cute! Glad you are feeling better. How nice of your mom! And funny--I thought of Carlson when you told the Sonic story--but she beat me to it.

Little Lawrences said...

Don't you just LOVE nice people. I bet that changed your whole day. I know that sounds silly but when someone is kind like that I suddenly am much more aware of how I act towards other people. Sooooo cool:) Pay it forward or whatever it is that they say!