![]() |
| A free slideshow by Smilebox |
We hate to have any plans because that is when “Murphy” always changes our plans. For Easter we had planned to go to the dunes with some friends. But Thursday morning I got a call from Ben telling me, that I needed to book him a flight to Denver because his dad was in the hospital. Ben’s mom has been in Salt Lake for about a month helping Ben’s very pregnant little sister and her family, so Grammie asked if Ben would go and take care of Papie. While Ben was in the air Papie had surgery to remove his appendices. Ben arrived at the hospital shortly after Papie got out of surgery.
While Ben was taking care of his Dad, I decided to surprise the kids and take them to St George. My parents and my sister Brooke and her family were there for Springs Break. I woke the kids up early Friday morning and we were in St George by lunch time. The kids were so excited to see their cousins. We played, swam and giggled all weekend.
We celebrate Easter in St. George Mallory and Drew received their wake board (got it used at a paw shop for $30) life jakets, beach towels and sunglasses. Porter received a Tonka truck! We had so much fun watching General Conference and hanging out with family.
Ben came home last night. His dad is recovering well, and I have two new nieces. Britt had the twins last Friday and everyone is home for the hospital and is doing well. As luck would have it I have a cold and cannot go see the babies. Curse MURPHY!

4 comments:
Yea for all the fun!!! Can't wait to see the pics of those cute new babies, what are their names????
Sounds like you had a great Easter in St. George! Gotta love that place!
Is Grammie Janet and Papie Mike, Ben's parents? If they are, well, I'm the girl who got those 2 strangers together. If they haven't told you about "Auntie Stephie", shame on them. Mike and I were in the same mission, same zone. If Janet and Mike are Ben's parents, Tell them I miss them and they should email me---or, hey! they could write me a letter! or call....Or if Grammie is still in UT and she is, in fact Janet, then tell her to call me before she leaves. Someone needs to help me for I am sorely confused. Steph.
Sorry you are sick, hopefully you will get better and so will the weather! I'm glad you were able to get away and spend some time in St. George with family. Hey, we are coming out for all of July and Aug. so we need to plan on getting together!
Post a Comment