Monday, December 15, 2008

Ode to Walmart!

Since having the baby I have developed a phobia of Walmart. I know it sounds crazy, but the lines are always so long, and there are always so many people there, and without fail some stranger always comes up to me and touches Porter. AHHH, the germs (another phobia of mine). I have walked away from a full chart of groceries because of the wait time in the check out line. The solution was to go to Walmart at midnight. This works out well for many reasons…I was one of the first people to get “Breaking Dawn” when it was released, the checkout lines are very short, and I can get my shopping done without any panic attacks.

But the one variable in this solution is Ben. He has to be home. For the past month or so Ben has been working nights, so I have been unable to do my midnight Walmart run. My household supplies were running out! So out of desperation I went today with all three kids, armed with a 32 oz Dr. Pepper, one pocket full of binkies and other pocket full of bubble gum (my bribe for thing 1 &2). And guess what happened….

We survived! Not only that I enjoyed it! I was able to get all my shopping done in one stop. The kids were great and thanks to the additional holiday help the check out lines were short. I’m back baby, I'm back!

3 comments:

The Cash Family said...

your too funny. glad you found us! i HATE wal mart. i wait until i have to go, to go! and every time i take all 3, i ask myself what i was thinking!

dntbaker said...

hey megan, its me tanya.. long time huh. found you on april's list. i can't believe how big your kids are, when i left i think mallory was like 2, maybe. you guys have a beautiful family.

Annie K said...

Just tell yourself that you are building up your kids immune systems.